Friday, September 28, 2007

Introducing The Caption Contest

Caption Contest Rules

We all know by the comments section and the answers to the Daily Questions that AP has talented, funny and informed readers. We'd like to give you an even greater chance to show your stuff. (Besides, Virt and I are tired of doing all the work and we need some laughs too.)

Each week AP will post a cartoon without a caption. During the course of the week you submit a caption. (Keep it clean, we have readers of all ages.) Multiple submissions are allowed.

At the end of the week, AP will post the finalists. Then you, Dear Reader, vote to determine the winning caption for the last week's cartoon* while simultaneously (multi-tasking, but we know you have it in you) trying to think of a caption for the new cartoon.

Contest winners receive a chance to see the electronic copy of the cartoon with his/her winning caption and name, bragging rights, a deep sense of accomplishment and the heartfelt thanks of a grateful nation.

*There is no Electoral College, no gerrymandering, and no ID required. Every vote counts. In turn, we are counting on your honor to keep this a fair election. No stuffing the ballot box, one vote per person, no age restriction, members of the Virt or pinko family not eligible, yes, we stole this idea from The New Yorker, but tough toenails, they didnt do it first either. DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW AND SINCE NOT EVERYONE HAS FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES LIKE SCOOTER LIBBY DOES WATCH YOUR BACK. Void where prohibited. Your mileage may vary. Your mother always told you to read the fine print and now arent you glad you listened?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rove: I outed a CIA agent and betrayed my country. I've stopped the colored folks from voting and I've slimed everyone who has stood in my way. I don't understand why people don't love me.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Mr. Cheney, I am NOT Osama Bin Laden and yes, your condition really is called an Allah complex.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that now I have to have you killed.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought it was Karl Rove but now I see that it looks more like the Dick Cheney. Could it be that they are evil twins?

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. It is very small. Happy now?

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctor, I have this problem - everyone I see looks like a terrorist.

W.R.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home