Wednesday, April 25, 2007

David Broder Builds Shrine To Bush In Attic

Washington, D.C. - David Broder of the Washington Post acknowledged tonight that reports that he has built a shrine to President George W. Bush in his attic are accurate and that he frequently holds ceremonies where he and other Washington insiders declare their undying allegiance to the President while parading nude and banging soup pots with ladles.

Said the so-called Dean of the Washington Press corps, "OK, you got me. It's true. Deep in my heart I have developed an unnatural love for Bush and the Republican Party that defies logic and can only be described as a fixation bordering on the pathological. I know that this has turned my reporting into nothing more than sycophantic propaganda but I am not the only one with this affliction. The town is filled with people like me who were once considered serious journalists and now find themselves little more than stenographers to the rich and powerful."

Highly placed sources who have witnessed some the of the rituals have told Assimilated Press that frequent visitors to these gatherings include Tim Russert, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews, Terry Moran, and Fred Hiatt along with many, many others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That explains the behavior of the Washington Press Corps better than anything else I've read.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home